Wednesday 21 December 2011

Trip to Zone Conference

This is a typical picture of the Arizona landscape. Now, take a look at the red earth betwween the sage brush. There is a road winding alond here that is made of this red sand. Supposedly going on this road(trail) saves you time when travelling to Flagstaff. Its only about 30 killometers till pavement. We were told not to traverse it within one week of a rain. It had not rained much for several days and we were leaving early in the morning so the frost should still have it frozen. Things went fine for the first ten minutes then it got worse and worse . I have never seen such ruts and mud since I was young. We came over one hill and I couldn't see how we could possibly make it through. I cried, hollered and prayed while I yelled at Wayne to gun it. By the time we traversed a few more of these I was not doing well. When we finally came to the paved road  I felt like jumping out of the car and kissing it. I know that senior couples must have a guardian angel even when we do dum things. I don;t know why this is writing in itallics. Dum computers.
We did have a great time in Flagstaff  but this is enough for today

2 comments:

  1. Let the adventure begin! Or continue, whatever the case may be. Hope you had fun while you were there and did lots of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are SO glad we didn't have to come down and rescue you! haha

    ReplyDelete